Hours: 7 hrs per week (1 day)
Salary: £28,000 (pro rata)
Type: Permanent (subject to 6 month trial period). Or this could be a freelance contract, which would be subject to an upward variation in salary.
Artists Studio Company (ASC) is a London based registered arts charity and one of the largest affordable workspace providers to artists and makers in Greater London. We support over 800 creative tenants within 8 buildings across 6 London Boroughs and manage a varied and exciting calendar of art exhibitions and events.
ASC is looking for an experienced social media and communications officer to join our small team. The role will include creating content and promoting the activities for both ASC Studios and ASC Gallery on social media and our website, creating newsletters for our tenants and mailing lists, whilst maintaining and improving brand identity.
- Develop and implement appropriate strategies to increase ASC’s audience and support our aims across all our social media platforms – to support artists and makers, promote the arts and educate the public in the arts
- Oversee, plan and deliver creative and engaging multimedia content across our social platforms – across all our social media platforms
- Share, engage and respond to relevant social posts
- Oversee promotion of competitions and campaigns
- Monitor, track, analyse and report on performance
- Make recommendations to improve performance
- Create and send a monthly newsletter to sector professionals, including local authorities and developers, with relevant news, events and activities
- Create and send a monthly newsletter to all current tenants listing exhibitions and events of our current, including events in our project spaces
- Create and send a regular newsletter with programme of exhibitions and events in the gallery
- Create and manage engaging content in line with brand guidelines
- Add and update important information as and when required
- 2 years experience working within a similar role creating content, managing social media channels, email marketing and website content management
- A solid understanding of digital marketing with skills including, photoshop, adobe indesign and illustrator
- Excellent written communication skills, both formal and conversational, and know how to adapt them across all relevant social media platforms
- A strong understanding of the various platforms and how the type of content and the way it is shared differs for each platform
As a role that is largely independent, good time management and a dynamic and proactive approach to working are essential. They will be motivated, enthusiastic and organised. Someone who is flexible and keen to attend our exhibitions and events. Someone who is able to document and share across all our social platforms, newsletters and on the website, the exhibitions and events that take place across our project spaces, gallery and ASC more widely.
We are a small, very friendly creative team mainly from arts backgrounds. A good understanding of the arts sector and genuine enthusiasm for the arts is important. We encourage you to take a look on our website and Instagram to learn more about what we do.
The role can include some remote working but we really want someone keen to come into our office in SE17.
With a commitment that our workforce reflects the diversity of the community we support, we particularly welcome applications from individuals who are ethnically diverse, disabled, LGBTQI and from lower socio-economic backgrounds.
To apply, please send your CV and a short cover letter (no more than a 1 A4 side) letting us know how your skills and past experience makes you right for this role.
Send to: email@example.com
Subject: Application – Social Media and Communications Officer
Deadline: Monday 6 June 2022, midnight
We will aim to inform all applicants of the outcome of their application by Wednesday 15 June 2022.